What Are The H-1B to Green Card Requirements

Check for H1B Visa Process in UT Evaluators

Fortunately, the H-1B visa is a dual intent visa, meaning that you can seek permanent resident (green card) status. If this is your goal, then you will need to approach either your current H-1B employer or a different U.S. employer to have them sponsor you for your green card.

That employer will then need to get a PERM Labor Certification for you provided that you are applying for an EB-2 or EB-3 green card. This means that your sponsoring employer must advertise for your petition within the company, in the local newspaper, and also in three other mediums listed in the PERM advertising requirements.

Once you have your PERM, your employer can then file an I-140 petition for you with the USCIS. To have this approved, you will need to meet the requirements for the green card that you are choosing to pursue. Ideally, you would choose the green card that has criteria that most closely resemble the H-1B requirements you have already met as an H-1B holder. With this in mind, the EB-3 visa may be your best bet. However, your immigration attorney can better help you navigate this transition. For H1B Visa Evaluation Visit here

How Immigration Lawyers Can Help for H-1B requirements

Outside of having a master’s degree, there is no way to increase your chances of being selected in the lottery. However, you can drastically increase your petition’s chances of being approved by the USCIS. Avoiding simple mistakes, common pitfalls, and unnecessary delays can save you both time and money in your immigration case.

Here at SGM Law Group, we have helped countless people and companies work through the H-1B process. From making sure that all of the H-1B requirements are met to addressing any obstacles such as Requests for Evidence, our expert team of attorneys stands ready to handle every aspect of your case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *